8 garlic cloves
8 Thai red chillies, finely chopped
6 tablespoons vegetable oil
600g crispy pork, cubed
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons oyster sauce
8 tablespoons chicken stock
2 teaspoons granulated sugar
200g green beans, cut into 5cm pieces
10 Thai basil leaves
Steamed rice, to serve
1. Using a pestle and mortar, crush the garlic and chillies into a rough paste.
2. Heat the oil in a wok set over a medium heat.
3. When the oil is hot, add the chilli and garlic paste and stir-fry for a few seconds.
4. Stir in the pork, then add the soy and oyster sauces, stock and sugar.
5. Stir- fry for a further minute, then add the beans. Keep stirring until the pork is heated through.
6. At the last minute, add the basil leaves, stir for 20 seconds, then take off the heat and serve piping hot with steamed rice.